Age Requirements: A student entering kindergarten in a given year must have reached the age of five on or before July 31 of that year. A student entering first grade in a given year must have reached the age of six on or before July 31 of that year. The date of birth must be certified by a birth certificate.
Admission Priorities: Students are accepted for admission according to the following sequence of priorities, however final admission of the student is at the discretion of the pastor and the principal:
1. Currently registered students in good standing
2. Siblings of currently registered students
3. New students of families registered in and supporting St. Peter Parish that reside in the established parish boundaries (All families officially registered in St. Peter Parish prior to January 1, 2007 will be considered as living within the established boundaries.) These students will be accepted based upon the following:
· Date of registration in parish
· Participation in parish stewardship, as determined by the pastor
4. New students of families registered in St. Peter Parish and participating in parish stewardship as determined by the pastor that do not live in the established parish boundaries.
5. New students of families who are registered in other Catholic parishes and do not have children currently attending St. Peter Parish School. These families will obtain written permission from their proper pastor and become members of St. Peter Parish.
6. New students of families who are not registered in a Catholic parish will be accepted at the principal’s and pastor’s discretion. The family will be required to pay the full out-of-parish tuition amount per child.
Readiness Assessment – A school readiness assessment is conducted by the Kindergarten teachers prior to enrollment in Kindergarten. This is an assessment – and not scored as an admissions requirement.
All students not accepted due to unavailable space will be placed on a waiting list. If space becomes available, new students on the waiting list will be accepted for admission based on the aforementioned priorities.
Any questions?? We strongly encourage you to call the school office with any and all questions you may have. We are here to serve your family! Our number is: 314-821-0460.