St. Peter Parent Survival Guide
This is the unofficial parent guide to St. Peter Catholic School, written by parents for parents. Following are some tips and suggestions from parents that you may not figures out until you have been around the block a couple of times. We hope this serves as a reference for you. If you have any additional suggestions for tips for other parents, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you need to get a sitter (adults only events):
-Back to School Night - August 22, 2016, 7:00PM
-New Parent Party
-Grade Level Parent Parties
-Parent Poster Parties
-Grade Level Parent Meetings
-Field Trips (If you want to volunteer to chaperone)
School Day Activities you may want to attend:
- All School Mass
on Wednesdays (We know not everyone can attend every Wed, but the kids love to have you there if you can make it.)
- Special Masses:
Veterans Day (November 9, 2016, 8:15am)
All Saints Day Mass - 5th Grade Saints (November 1, 2016, 8:15am)
3rd Grade Fathers Mass (March 8, 2017, 8:15am)
1st Grade Mothers Mass (May 2017, 8:15am)
8th Grade Ribbon Mass (April 2017, 8:15am)
- May Crowning (May 5, 2017, 8:15am)
- Spirit Day Volleyball Game (February 3, 2017, 10:00am)
Activities and Events that you really don't want to miss:
- Back to School Sunday - August 14, 2016, 10am-1pm (You really need to be there to pick up packet of important forms and information, volunteer duty sign up, visit to classroom, learn about after school clubs and activities, PTO events, cafeteria information).
- New Family Parent Party (This is certainly not mandatory, but it is a great event to meet current families as well as the other new families).
- Trunk or Treat, Saturday, October 29, 2016, 6PM-8PM (The younger kids really enjoy this event).
- Halloween Parade, Monday, October 31, 2016, 2:00pm, (PK-3rd grades: Parade starts at 2pm with classroom parties following the parade. Of course not everyone can be there, but is fun to watch the kids in their costumes and the kids love seeing the parents there).
- Christmas Performances (PreK, Kindergarten, 1st Grade: These classes have special Christmas performances that parents are invited and highly encourage to attend).
- Bring a Guest to Lunch - Thursday, February 2, 2017, time dependent on student grade, (Each student can bring a guest to lunch. Students bring a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle or a special family friend).
- St. Patrick’s Parade (if scheduled - sometimes falls during Spring Break) Again, many parents cannot attend due to work schedules, but if you can, it is fun to watch the kids parade through Kirkwood.
- Donuts with Dad - Thursday and Friday, February 2-3, 2017, 7:30am-8:00am, Donuts, juice and coffee with your child before school starts. This is a fun tradition the kids look forward to each year.
- Mornings with Mom - Thursday and Friday, March 30-31, 2017, 7:30am-8:00am, Donuts, juice and coffee with your child before school starts. This is a fun tradition the kids look forward to each year.
- First Grade Mothers Mass - First Grade Mothers are invited to attend Mass, sit with their child and attend a special reception after Mass. You really don't want to miss this if you are a First Grade mom!
- Third Grade Fathers Mass - Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 8:15am, Third Grade Fathers are invited to attend Mass, sit with their child and attend a special reception after Mass. You really don't want to miss this if you are a Third Grade dad!
- Fifth Grade Saints Mass - Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 8:15am, The Fifth Graders dress as Saints for the All Saints Mass on November 1, 2016, 8:15am. You really don't want to miss this if you are a Fifth Grade parent.
- Eighth Grade Ribbon Mass - The Eighth Graders receive their St. Peter ribbons from Msgr. Jack at this special Mass. This is the beginning of the graduation festivities so Eighth Grade parents don't want to miss this.